I logged on to the App Store from my Mac Pro this morning and waiting for me in my updates queue since January 31st, was a build for Final Cut Pro 10.0.3. Let’s cut the monologue and get straight to the specs:
- Multicam editing with automatic sync and support for mixed formats, mixed frame rates, and up to 64 camera angles
- Advanced Chroma keying with controls for color sampling and edge quality
- Media relink for manual reconnect of projects and events to new media
- Ability to import and edit layered Photoshop graphics
- XML 1.1 with support for primary color grades, effect parameters, and audio keyframes
- Beta version of broadcast monitoring with third-party PCIe and THunderbold I/O devices
This update REALLY IS recommended for all users of Final Cut Pro X. It makes me excited because I might be able to start using Final Cut Pro as a profesional tool again. I am very optimistic about this update.
For More Information check out:
Macworld’s First Look: FCPX 10.0.3 restores profesional features; adds notable new ones
Apple Final Cut Pro X: Everything just changed in post.
And this nifty new app that offers full import functionality that allows editors to convert their older Final Cut 7 projects into Final Cut Pro X events.
7toX for Final Cut Pro